For some reason food and I don't get along well sometimes.
After I've had a meal with maybe too much lactose, either ice cream, or cheese, sometimes greasy food will do it too... it comes back to haunt me with a vengeance. Right after I've eaten, my stomach starts to twist and shout, and it's then that I know I'm done for. Done with a capital D, there's nothing that do, except wait it out and swear to eat healthier from here on out.
That's one of the problems I think with American cooking. When we want to make things taste better, we add either salt or cheese, sometimes both, and the sad thing is that it usually works. Pizza, sandwiches, pasta, soups, salads, whatever. "When it doesn't taste good, fix it until it does" seems to be the golden rule. What I always find comical is when people eat salad with iceberg lettuce and then top it with ranch dressing. (You know who you are (w).) You might as well have a small glass of water and a shot glass of ranch dressing, because that's basically what you're eating. Sometimes I'm guilty of the same thing, in the past I've added cream to some soups to make it taste better, actually I even did that to ramen once, and it was really good.
For this year I really don't want to make a resolution, because I have a bad habit of breaking them. Actually, just because I never want to give up NYPD, but I at least want to be more careful about what, exactly it is I'm eating.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment