Facebook is a wonderful tool for social networking, and what I like to call social stalking. Today I saw pictures that were uploaded by some high school friends of a New Year's Party; however, the pictures seemed strangely familiar to the 2009 New Year's party that I was invited to the year before. Same house, same decorations, same people dressing up. Except this time, the banner in the background read "2010." Curious. Guess I didn't get the invite this year.
But while flipping though the pictures of dressed up minors getting smashed on Bacardi, the thing I noticed was, how much I didn't care that I wasn't there.
While I've been at college, I haven't kept in contact with anyone from high school. Not even through Facebook. But I know it's been done intentionally. Should I have wanted to keep those friendships, I would have, but something inside me I think has been telling me that it was never worth it. At Michigan I have wonderful friends, and while sometimes I fail to check in on them as much as I should, in my heart I know that I'm happy with the people who are a part of my life.
Throughout the pictures I saw my old roommate's boyfriend, standing alone in almost every picture. Where was my roommate, his girlfriend for who knows how long? During high school they went everywhere and did everything together, if she was in town she definitely would have been in his arms... *Shock!* Did they break up? Or was she just out of town? Those two had been together throughout all of high school and showed great delight in showing the world how much they were in love. Very kissy kissy. Sometimes it was a little, well, gross.
On Monday I go back to Ann Arbor. Monday couldn't come sooner.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment