Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dreaming Days

Recently I've been having more and more dreams about study abroad in Japan. Maybe because I want to find out about my admissions decision to the program.

Two nights ago, I had a dream that I was studying abroad in Japan, but my host family was German, and they could speak German and English, but no Japanese. Since this meant that I wouldn't be able to learn Japanese over the term, after a day with them I desperately tried to contact the head of the program to see if I could be switched to a different family, but I couldn't contact her.

They had a dog and I think a cat; the dog had a large cut around its neck and was festering with insects that they entire area was black. They were friendly, but I remember not wanting to touch them because of the wounds, and being seriously disturbed.

Maybe if I tried harder I could remember more, but it wasn't the most peasant dream and I think I'd rather forget it.

Last night I dreamed I was in Japan again, and Takeshi was walking me to my orientation session or something like that. But he couldn't come with me all the way, he had work, which happened to be on the way, and was dressed in a suit, carrying his jacket. After we parted I walked through a Nintendo store, with a Pokemon section filled with stuffed animals. Even the store attendants were dressed up in "Cosplay"... Some time later I also remember going to a grocery store, trying to find a flower for Valentine's day, but at the register my card didn't work and I knew I didn't want to spend my 1000 Yen that had been given to me previously, that was special.

As part of the orientation there were several steps you had to go through, among them getting a ticket before proceeding to the next stop. However to get the ticket you had to pick from a list of what kind of video games you associated with most. Since I had arrived late, I think I skipped this step, or I did it and then accidentally misplaced my ticket. Some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment