Sunday, February 21, 2010

Waiting Game

For the past few days I've had some thoughts that I've wanted to get down in a blog, said to myself "When I get back I'll get this down" and then failed to do so. Maybe three or four times.

With the end of the first half of the semester, homework and midterms have gotten out of hand. At least there's only one more week until Spring Break. Takeshi and I are going first back to my hometown, and then Chicago. Every time in the past when I've gone to Chicago, it's always been a day and a half: Church, sleep, pizza, TV, sleep, breakfast at diner, drive home. Which in and of itself isn't a bad schedule, but this time I think we're going to be there for a little while longer, and get to spend some money while we're at it; it's going to be fun.

On the kitten calendar hanging to my right there's a circled date on March 1st that reads; "Columbia Decision" for the study abroad program I want to attend. March 1st was the date that was posted for the decisions deadline before it was changed to... February 2nd, the day after the initial application deadline. What?



This sucks, now I don't even have a date to look forward to. Part of me wants to email them asking politely when students can expect notifications, and the other part of me thinks I should shut up and not draw any unneeded attention to myself. Overthinking? Perhaps. But since this semester has been less than desirable I'm waiting for any bit of good news that I can get. Looking forward to next year or to any summer opportunities would give me a boost that might get be through the next month and a half of school. Only a month and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment