Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gotta Give

Today I was sitting and I wondered for the first time, "How do zippers work?" while staring down at my jacket and trying to image how those little metal links get stuck together so well. That may be some indication as to how exciting my day was.

Things have gotten busier this semester than last. Even though I've finished *almost* all of my applications for Japan next year, I still have a few more to go. One is for a possible internship at Bandai/Namco that I know will be impossible to achieve, and second for the Bridging Scholarship. After a single application is finished and the deadline has passed, another shows up, and so continues the cycle. Even after my study abroad is confirmed, I'm sure that there'll be visa and health insurance forms to fill out, and orientations to attend. At least I'm busy.

A friend of mine recently found out about his acceptance to Tokyo for study abroad next year, and it makes me anxious to discover mine too. On the website it says a "notification deadline" of March 1st, and I know that that means I also wont be recieving anything before March 1st. That means three weeks. At least I know I've been forwarded by Michigan, if that means anything. Maybe all of the students that applied got forwarded though, I wish I knew.

Midterms are coming up, and I have a bad feeling that this year they're going to be a cluster-fuck. I don't like any of my classes and I'm so busy between the eighteen credits, being an officer in JSA and trying to take care of myself that I feel I don't have any control over it all. Somethings gotta give, and I think this semester, it's going to be the grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment