Tuesday, August 4, 2009

All-Nighter

Today's Tuesday, and things have calmed down considerably from before. Every day the space on the calendar between now and next Wednesday gets shorter and shorter. Finally, the end is it sight. Even now I feel like writing concluding remarks about my experience here, but I know it's too early for that; it's not over yet.

On Sunday for the first time in my life I stayed up all night writing a paper, it was a horrible experience, but at least I got it finished, and I can relax a little more than I could have before. Actually I guess I can't say that I stayed up all night, I fell asleep at 5 and work up at 7, so it's not completely legit. Watching the sunrise was neat though. I'm convinced that sunrises and sunsets don't look the same. Watching the stars diminish as the sky brightens from deep blue to a sort of green was something I don't think I've ever really seem before. That, and the sky here in Vermont seems brighter, more open. When the weather is nice, it's a really idyillic place. That's *if* the weather is nice, which for the majority of my stay here it hasn't been.

Throughout the next day I was so tired that I wasn't able to do as well in class as I had wanted to. Recently my daily quiz scores have dropped, slightly, but I figure my average is strong enough to hold me out until the end. All I can hope for is an A-, but I think that's possible, at any rate, it's too late to change anything now.

All I'm doing tonight is correcting my paper, and then going to bed. As for the reading homework I was supposed to do, that can wait till morning, I seem to be more productive then anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment