Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Silence Breaker

Since my last post it's been awhile; since my last post on my Japanese blog it's been more than awhile. Strange enough when you have all the free time in the world it doesn't necessarily lead to being productive. That is the general summary of my time here at home so far.

Every day I sleep in until ten or eleven. Get up to have some coffee, and then spend the rest of the day doing busy work on the computer or just doing nothing at all. Though I hated most of my time there, I am so glad that I spent the summer at Middlebury instead of rotting around this place. Only two more weeks and two days until I go back to school; if it were up to me I'd leave tomorrow.

There's a fresh piece of family drama in my family soap opera:

Because of my father's time in Germany, he has this GI bill from the government that allows forty percent of my education to be paid for if he only signs the benefits over to my brother and me. Only problem is is that he's been reluctant, if not all together unwilling to do so. Exactly why, I don't know, but with scars still wounding from the divorce it's put everyone in a sour mood when it comes to dealing with financial matters as important as this. See, the bill can also be used for personal things, such as advancing flight training. So my father also has the option to do that if he wishes, but you can't spit the bill. So we'll either have almost half of our education paid for my the government, or Dad will get to go to more flight school for free.

He hasn't been talking really to anyone recently, and everyone's worried about what he'll do. As for me, I'm not exactly worried. My father's the kind of person I think that wouldn't do that sort of thing in the end. Wouldn't leave his kids behind for free flight lessons. And even if he does, he'll be left with that decision haunting him for the rest of his life. My brother and I will survive one way or another, we always do.

But my brother is now talking about joining the military to pay for college instead of taking money from Dad. He's stubborn like that, willing to go to drastic measures in order to drive home a point.

Everything will be alright in the end, I'm convinced of that. But sometimes the waiting in between can be the worst of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment