The Last Hurdle is a presentation on Pokemon. That's not the school's fault, I picked the topic; I thought it would be easy and fun to write on, and it was. Only now I have to memorize fives pages of material for a 15-minute presentation that takes place tomorrow morning. But I know I can do it; if I recall I did this exact same thing not a few months ago for my last Japanese class. Guess it can't be helped.
My final exam was today. Like the previous three, it was long, and hard, and didn't deviate much from what I expected. We started at 7:50 and ended at 11:20. Three and a half hours. Now I'm prone to bitch and moan in this blog, but that's ridiculous. Three and a half hours for a normal chapter test. What are they thinking? Do they really want to grade all of that? When you're taking it, after awhile time wears down on you and you start writing crap for your answers:
"No, I don't think that defining people in terms of social level is a good thing. Everyone lives by the same heart, the same body, the same air. When we die, our bodies all return to the same Earth. We're all human, and the rules that separate us socially were created just by other humans".
That sort of literary shit. Upon reading it I'm sure that it doesn't make sense in Japanese, but at that time and place, I really didn't care anymore, just wanted to continue, just wanted to finish. Actually I finished before several of my friends did, which scared me a little, before I was always the last person to finish, and now I'm at about average. Weird.
But now, on a Monday afternoon, I am so close. So close that I can feel it; I put all of my books in my suitcase today and it was the greatest feelings ever, I don't have to look at them ever again unless I want to. Just, amazing. All of my posters are off the wall, and tomorrow I can start slowly packing my clothes into trash bags to take home.
Just tomorrow morning, and I'm done.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment