Thursday, Friday, and most of today was spent on "Gakugeikai", sort of a talent show and school play wrapped into one. As for me, I had the class skit, rakugo, and a theater club preformance to prepare for. You could say that I was a little pissed not to have time for anything else, especially doing a thorough job with class and homework. All of it went well, at least I think it did. And If I ever get access to the movies they took, they'll go up on my YouTube. Stay tuned.
As a finale all of the professors preformed a short version of "The Sound of Music" with Middlebury Japanese lyrics. Although I've done nothing but bitch and whine about this place, I was really touched. Within the lyrics here and there were little jokes about the program, the campus, the teachers . So many small but powerful memories in just a few short months; I guess that's what you expect from a program like this. And finially, at the end, a Sayonara. Sayonara, is a sort of a "forever goodbye". And that's true. All of the teachers here, all of my friends, after the programs done, chances are that I'll never see them again.
But I guess that doesn't have to be a sad thing. Life's like that. People come across your path, and make an impact, however small, on your heart. Say that impact was strong enough to make an impression, you'll carry a part of them with you for the rest of your life, and maybe even pass it on to others. So I guess in that aspect, it's not really a forever goodbye.
T-Minus 10 Days. Now the real work begins. Tomorrow I spend all day writing a report on Pokemon, and then write a script to memorize for next week.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment