Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Letter Grade

There are 10 more days of class.

Today is slightly less of a crisis than yesterday. Slightly. For one, I blew off a capella practice to take a nap and do some reading, and the homework for today is significantly less than what we were loaded with yesterday.

Tonight, I'm going to write my essay. And I'm going to finish it, and it's going to be horrible. But at least it will be done. This way, I can edit it myself tomorrow, and submit it to the professors for an overview. My project is actually due exactly one week from today, but there's a large catch. What you submit is what you're grade will be. So all the mistakes that are on your paper will have points deducted from your grade, which sounds reasonable, but when you make mistakes as much as I do, that first check is a necessity.

As for my grade for the class, I'm more than clueless. All I know is that I've gotten about an 88.5 average on my tests, "checks" for all of my homework, whatever that means, and a good class participation rate and quiz score. All that's left is the project. Getting an A is impossible. A-, wishful thinking, leaving a B+ as my hope. A flat B would be dissapointing, but at least I'll know that I tried. All in all, this doesn't factor into Michigan's GPA, which is a good thing, but this grade may come to affect me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment