Today my mom changed her Facebook status from "married" to "single". Like a death I suppose, in divorce it's the little things that really hit you. You'd expect for the anger and the disappointment to come all at once, and then once you're "over it" you can move on with your life. But it doesn't work like that. Months, years later, a small glimpse of reality will remind you to the greater and more awful truth, how it all really happened. Having to have to drive to your "Dad's house". Making two calls instead of one when checking in on home.
As for the best outcome for the situation, I'll never know what it was. But I know that living with this isn't right either.
There were two comments left in response to my mom's post as of today. 1) "Best wishes to you, whatever your choices" and 2) ":)". As for the first, checked to view the profile, and, as expected, where a profile picture should be some religious propaganda was left instead, which sadly, was what I expected.
Middlebury is spinning out of control. This kind of experience is a first in my life. Obligations are layered one on top of another, and it's the best I can do to make it through the day, still breathing.
Only two more weeks left.
Will I make it after all?
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment