Friday, July 17, 2009

Montreal

Today I leave with my friends Kentaro, Lawrence, and Brandon for Montreal, Quebec. We're staying overnight and then coming back tomorrow. Since I'm the one with the car, I was left to make the arrangements, which pissed me off a little, but then you think about the age group that you're dealing with, and the gender, and consider that after all, it can't be helped. Our hotel is just outside the city, but since it's next to the metro station I think it should be a good location. Brandon and Kentaro want to go to a club tonight, but I've never been to one before. Part of me is worried about it, and the other half desperately wants to let loose and try it anyway. Since half of the group wants to go, I guess that means we're all going. What should I wear? Maybe a sundress? But then again, sundresses are, well, "pretty". Somehow the words "pretty" and "club" aren't usually found together. Whatever, I suppose it's better than the jeans and tee-shirt that I spend most of my life in. When I get back home, I'll have to do something to change that uniform.

(Something a little off-topic, if you'll excuse me. While I was typing here I finally found out who the opera singer that I've been hearing all these weeks actually is. Well, I still don't know her, but I saw her, and that at least connects a thought with a face. She was walking, just outside my window, singing as if it were nothing at all. Like chewing gum. Now I really don't care for the Opera that much, but I can't help but admire her talent. That's amazing, I'm lucky if I can whistle and walk at the same time).

Anyway, somehow it doesn't feel like I'm actually going "abroad". Canada has, in my mind, always been just a very large state, like Texas or Alaska. Nevertheless, I still need my passport, what a country.

No comments:

Post a Comment