For the first time in a long time, I'm in a terrible mood; the kind where you're ready to snap at the first person that walks across your path. Fortunately, I'm in my room like I have been all afternoon, so there's nobody around. This place might as well be a cell for all the time that I get outside of it.
This afternoon I didn't accomplish much of anything save for some Kanji memorization and working on my project. Vermont is hot and muggy and miserable and even though I've come to be comfortable with my life here, I am so over Middlebury.
Laura must have some sort of presentation tomorrow, she whispers it to herself again and again and I don't know how much more I can take...
Why can't I be happy for other people? What I'm feeling tonight must be jealousy for the summers that other people are having, but at the same time, I wouldn't trade places with them. While I hate it here, I know that coming here was the right choice, the things that I've learned are invaluable. That, and this was my choice. Consequently I have a lot of responsibility for it.
But I sit here alone in a room that's too small staring at a computer screen at the things that people are doing, and I hate them for it.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment